To All Members
We write further to Circular 13/23 published on 12th April 2023 informing DPF members that Ivan Walker of Walker Solicitors is retiring imminently, and that Thompsons Solicitors have agreed to take over conduct of the pension cases.
We understand that Ivan Walker has written to all applicable DPF members to request their consent to transfer cases to Thompsons however some members are yet to respond. Neither Mr Walker, Thompsons nor the Federation can transfer cases without a member providing consent.
It is important to note that Thompsons require your express consent and therefore if you have not done so already you should do the following:
- Please email Ivan Walker at Walkers Solicitors at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy your response to Thompsons at DPFPensionsCases@thompsons.law
- State clearly in the body of the email that you consent to the transfer of your claim to Thompsons Solicitors;
- In the subject heading to your email, insert “DPF” and then your first name, last name, and date of birth;
- Due to the high volume of claims, please do not attempt to contact Mr Walker or Thompsons by telephone. Your consent must be in writing, emailed to Mr Walker and also to Thompsons;
After sending this email members will receive an auto-reply from Thompsons advising that they will endeavour to respond to your email as soon as the process of transferring your file has been completed. You will receive a client care letter from them in due course if you consent to the transfer. You should not email any queries to Thompsons atDPFPensionsCases@thompsons.law as this is being monitored solely for the purposes of you being able to give consent to the transfer. Once you have provided this consent you will receive a client care letter from Thompsons within a link also containing a questionnaire you must complete electronically. This can be done in a few simple clicks. In the client care letter you will receive details of an email address to which you can direct any queries.
We hope the above is clear but if you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Southern Area Secretary & Pension Lead